|Food and Nutrition Bulletin Volume 18, Number 4, 1997 (UNU, 1997, 102 pages)|
|Public health nutrition|
|Positive and negative deviance in growth of urban slum children in Bombay|
1. Piwoz EG, Viteri FE. Studying health and behaviour by examining household decision making, intra household resource distribution, and the role of women in these processes. Food Nutr Bull 1985;7(4):1-27.
2. Greaves JP. Nutrition delivery systems. Indian J Nutr Diet 1979;16:75-82.
3. Mata LJ. Child malnutrition and deprivation - observations in Guatemala and Costa Rica. Food Nutr (Rome) 1980;6(2):7-14.
4. Zeitlin MF, Ghassemi H, Mansour M. Positive deviance in child nutrition. Tokyo: United Nations University Press, 1990.
5. Shekar M, Habitch JP, Latham MC. Is positive deviance in growth simply the converse of negative deviance? Food Nutr Bull 1991;13(1):7-11.
6. Rao M. Food beliefs of rural women during the reproductive years in Dharwad, India. Ecol Food Nutr 1985;16(9):93-103.
7. Jesudason V, Shirur R. Selected sociocultural aspects of food during pregnancy in the Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh. J Fam Welfare 1980;27(2):3-16.
8. Vella V, Tomkins A, Borgeshi A, Milgiori GB, Adrika BC, Greratin E. Determinants of child nutrition and mortality in North West Uganda. Bull WHO 1992; 5:637-43.
9. Gupta MC, Mehrotra M, Arora S, Saran M. Relationship of childhood malnutrition to parental education and mother's nutrition related KAP. Indian J Pediatr 1991;58:269-74.
10. Johnson FC, Zeitlin MF. Analysis of qualitative and semi qualitative indicators distinguishing between well-nourished versus malnourished toddlers in Mexico squatter settlement. Medford, Mass, USA: Tufts University School of Nutrition, 1984.
11. Pelto GH. Perspectives on infant feeding: decision making and ecology. Food Nutr Bull 1981;3(3):16-29.
12. Jeffery P, Jeffery R, Lyon A. Labour pains and labour power: women and child bearing in India. London: Zed Books, 1989.
13. Dandekar H. Indian women's development: four lenses. South Asia Bull 1986;16(1):25-29. cf. Suvillan J. A partial review of Indian literature on health seeking behaviour. New Delhi: Ford Foundation, 1989.
14. Goodall J. Malnutrition and the family: deprivation in kwashiorkor. Proc Nutr Soc 1979;38:17-39.