|Biology Demonstration Manual (Peace Corps, 1993, 35 p.)|
Lesson: Organisation grale d'une plante leurs
Rationale: Show root hairs.
radish seeds (available in Bangui at Bamag, Dias or
cloth or black paper
Start 3 days in advance.
1. Soak radish seeds overnight in water.
2. Put cloth or paper in bottom of bowl and thoroughly dampen. It's easier to see the root hairs against a dark background.
3. Put soaked seeds in dish.
4. Cover with plastic and fasten with rubber band.
5. Let sprout in dark for two days.
6. Add water as necessary to keep moist.
Note: Do not touch the seedlings. The root hairs are very delicate and will stick together if handled.
Source: Silver Burdett. Biology.