|Population and Health (FAO)|
· Health is a valuable personal, family and community asset for which we are each responsible as individuals.
· In areas where the population is growing rapidly, health and sanitation facilities are often inadequate, and diseases and sickness are more common.
· To protect their health, young women should delay pregnancy until they are at least 20 years old, and then space their children.
· Misuse of alcohol and drugs is very dangerous to health for everyone, and especially for pregnant women.
· Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are a serious health problem and young men and women need to know how to avoid them.