|The Children's Book Project for Tanzania (Children's Book Project, 2 p.)|
° Book Production
One hundred and thirty (130) titles of childrens books have been produced until July, 1998 and there are several titles approved by the CBC that are going through the publication stages.
° Training & Exposure
The Project has organized and run 32 training courses/workshops in book writing, editing, publishing, illustrating, bookselling and DeskTop publishing. CBP has also organised attachments for illustrators in Kenya and Zimbabwe.
The Project has participated in book fairs in Zimbabwe, Kenya and Bologna, Italy.
° Other activities
The project has done several other activities with close collaboration with publishers and their association, PATA such as:
* Book News is the projects newsletter which comes out on a quarterly basis.
* Supports regional writers associations already initiated by CBP in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar.
* Offers consultancy to writers who need guidance.
* Has started a reference library at the project office for publishers, writers, editors, etc.
* Has initiated a childrens magazine which went into circulation at the end of 1994.