|Grinding of Simple Tools - Course: Technique for manual working of materials. Trainees' handbook of lessons (Institut für Berufliche Entwicklung, 19 p.)|
- Only one person is working at the grinding machine - safety. distance laterally and backwards 1 metre.
- When working at grinding machines which are not equipped with a protective device for the eyes, put on safety goggles.
- Distance of the grinding support (1-2 mm) and distance of the spark killer (5 mm) have to be checked constantly.
- Do never grind any tool without guiding it by the left hand.
Figure 23 - Distances of grinding support and spark killer according to the requirements of labour safety
- Use grinding wheel only frontally - not laterally.
- Do never grip any tool with a piece of cloth or when you are wearing gloves.