|How to Make? An Improved Soap .. Not just for more Foam (GTZ, 1993, 71 p.)|
|B. Equipment and materials|
To produce soap at the family and small-scale levels you need the following equipment and materials:
- Boiler for pretreatment of fats;
- Boiler for saponification and material for mixing;
- Container for preparation of the alkaline solution;
- Balance and densimeter;
- Moulds to pour in the soap;
- Material to cut soap;
- Small material (gloves, plastic bols, glasses, pails.
Some of these materials are used for soap preparation while others are rather used for the finishing of the product.
The small materials such as plastic gloves and boot, glasses, pails etc. are used at every stage of production.