|Housing and Environment - Report of the Vienna Workshop (HABITAT, 1999, 394 p.)|
The coordinator of the Workshop wishes to extend his appreciation to the following persons and institutions for their excellent support towards the preparation and organization of the Workshop and for the production of this publication. All below mentioned persons have rendered their services and support voluntarily and free-of-charge.
For the preparation and organization of the Workshop
· Ms. Pia A. BAUER (ECOSOPHIA, Vienna) provided continuous advisory support from the beginning of 1999 until the end of the Workshop. She publicized the Workshop in Austria and other countries and produced or translated several articles and announcements in German language. She was acting as the local press coordinator for the Workshop.
· Ms. Paola MONROY-MAHE (Vienna) provided administrative and secretarial support during the last several months before the Workshop.
· Mr. Johnny TRAND, Mr. Erik JOHANSSON and Mr. Janis KURSIS (HDM, Lund, Sweden) provided substantive advice. Mr. Johansson and Mr. Kursis were, particularly, helpful few days before and during the Workshop to undertake considerable administrative and logistical tasks.
· Mr. Johnny TRAND (HDM, Lund, Sweden), Mr. Malcolm HORNER (Dundee University, United Kingdom), Mr. Peter SCHMID (Eindhoven University, the Netherlands) and Mr. Mathias HUNDSALZ (UNCHS Headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya) served as chairpersons during the Workshop.
· Mr. Anirban BANARJEE (Vienna), Ms. Sharon GIFFEN (Cambridge University, United Kingdom), Mr. Fernando MARTIRENA (IRCT, Santa Clara, Cuba) and Ms. Andrea RIEGER (Vienna) acted as rapporteurs during the Workshop and provided inputs for drafting the Statement of the Workshop.
· Ms. Andrea RIEGER (Vienna) and Mr. Hector A. TUMINAN (Colombia) conducted research and collected data on housing to serve as inputs for the preparation of the background paper No. 1.
· Mr. Otto-Roman BARNERT (IMG, Bosnia and Herzegovina), Mr. Peter SCHMID (Eindhoven University, the Netherlands), Ms. Elena SZOLGAYOVA (Bratislava, Slovakia) and Ms. Antoaneta YOVEVA (ICLEI, Sofia, Bulgaria) were elected members of the working group and helped in producing the draft Statement of the Workshop.
· Mr. Johnny TRAND, Mr. Janis KURSIS (HDM, Lund, Sweden), Mr. Wolfgang FSTER (WBSF, Vienna), Mr. Shahpour ZAFARPOUR (University of Economics, Vienna) were members of the Scientific Committee.
· The City of Vienna hosted the reception at the Vienna City Hall.
· The Department of International Relations of the CITY OF VIENNA financed the cost of the travel of 16 participants and the Know-how Transfer Centre of the FEDERAL CHANCELLERY OF THE REPUBLIC OF AUSTRIA provided the cost of the accommodation and subsistence allowances of 15 participants. Ms. Ariane MLER (Future Base - UNCHS's Best Practices Hub in Vienna) was instrumental in coordinating the provision of this financial support.
· The Conference Services of the United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV, Vienna) provided the venue for the Workshop, interpretation and other conference-related services.
For the production of this publication
· Mr. Glenn CAMP (Enviro Board, Los Angeles, United States of America), Ms. Sharon GIFFEN (Cambridge University, United Kingdom), Ms. Victoria HANDS (South Bank University, London, United Kingdom) and Mr. Malcolm HORNER, together with his assistants (Dundee University, United Kingdom), undertook preliminary editing of some of the papers. Each of them edited 3-4 papers.
· Ms. Paola MONROY-MAHE, Ms. Esther PONZIO and Ms. Abosede A. OLOWOYO (all from Vienna) helped in typing parts of the manuscript.
· The Department of International Relations and the Department of Housing and Urban Renewal of the CITY OF VIENNA provided financial support for printing this publication. Mr. Wolfgang FSTER (WBSF, Vienna) was instrumental in arranging this financial support.