|Distance Education in Engineering for Developing Countries - Education Research Paper No. 13 (DFID, 1995, 102 p.)|
Special thanks are due to the following for their energy, insight and organisational abilities without which the in-country visits would have been impossible:
· Peter Ellwood, Director, British Council, Sri Lanka
· Pavel Hartl, Charles University, Prague
· Helena Hartlova, Interpreter, Prague
· Charles Martin, Institute of Engineers, Zimbabwe
· Alan Stock, British High Commission, Zimbabwe
· Rupa Wickramaratne, Assistant Director (Projects), British Council, Sri Lanka
Further thanks are due to Milo Shott and Keith Harry of the Open University, UK.
Finally, for their support, patience and fortitude thanks are also due to Marie Fraser and Shelley Smith of the Centre for Continuing Education at the University of Bath.
This report owes a great deal to these friends and colleagues and to a great many new friends from the institutions identified in appendices.
However, if any inaccuracies, misunderstandings and misinterpretations remain in the report they are entirely the responsibility of the authors.
University of Bath