|Environmental Impacts of Small Scale Mining (CEEST, 1996, 62 p.)|
INVESTMENTS IN SCIENCE ARE SECURABLE THROUGH INSURANCE
Investment in scientific activities which include environment protection and development, land prospecting energy and technological issues are beset with high risks on people and their property.
To avoid gigantic losses that may be caused by such exercises, investors or their managers need to have amongst many other insurances, Public Liability Insurance to recover for claims made for third parties' loss of life, materials, or personal injury.
Furthermore, investors are invited to enjoy the security offered through the Group Personal Accident Insurance, and Workmen's Compensation Insurance which takes care, on behalf of the employers, for claims for injury or death to the personnel on duty.
For details on these and other related insurances, contact:
The Managing Director
National Insurance Corporation (T) Ltd.
P.O. Box 9264
Dar es Salaam.
Science and Technology
The mission of CEEST is to develop and sustain expertise and a capacity for independent policy analysis, research and information dissemination in the fields of energy, environment, water and sanitation and natural resource use and management. It is recognised and appreciated that the success of this endeavour will to a large extent depend on the development, application, judicious use and masterly of science and technology for development.
The objectives of CEEST include, inter alia, the following:-
· To undertake studies in fields related to energy, water and sanitation, the environment, science and technology;
· To undertake research in energy, water and sanitation, the environment, science and technology and development;
· To undertake studies, research and offer expert advice in management and use of natural resources;
· To forge links between institutions with similar endeavours in other countries and institutions in Tanzania;
· To initiate and carry out collaborative work on energy, water and sanitation, the environment, science and technology with other institutions within and outside the Country; and
· To publish and disseminate information on energy, water and sanitation, the environment, science and technology through seminars, symposia, workshops and the media.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Centre implements its activities under five major Core Programmes.
These five Core Programmes are:-
· Energy Development and Management Programme (EDMP);
· Natural Resources, Environment Assessment and Management Programme (EAMP);
· Water, Health and Sanitation Development and Management Programme (WHSDMP);
· Science and Technology Development and Management (STDM);
· Women Development and Training Programme (WDP).
For further information please contact:
The Centre For Energy, Environment Science and Technology (CEEST)
B3-16 TIRDO Estates, Morogoro Stores, Oysterbay,
P.O. Box 5511,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
ISBN 9987 612 02 4