|Educational Innovation and Information - Number 104 (IBE, 2000, 8 p.)|
The Steering Committee of the IBE Council met at the IBE premises on 22 June 2000. The meeting was attended by:
· Mr Pieter De Meijer (Netherlands), President;
· Mr A. Hasbi (Morocco);
· Mr A. Guerra Caraballo (Uruguay);
· Mr B. Soehendro (Indonesia);
· Mr B.K. Sogomo (Kenya);
· Mr J. Sokol (Czech Republic).
The meeting was also attended by Mr J. Hallak, ADG/ED a.i., outgoing Director of the IBE, Mrs Cecilia Braslavsky, the new Director, and Mr V. Adamets, Secretary of the Council. The main purpose of this meeting was to discuss ways of consolidating the achievements and introducing further improvements to the work of the IBE. In particular, the Steering
· The IBE's current activities;
· Questions relating to the ICE (see above);
· Information about the World Forum on Education for All (see page 6);
· Agenda items for the next session of the IBE Council.
Since this was the last meeting to be attended by Mr Hallak and Mr Adamets, they were both warmly thanked for their contribution to the work of the IBE and the Council. Mrs Braslavsky was congratulated on her nomination as Director of the IBE.