|A Trainer's Resource Guide (Peace Corps, 1983, 199 p.)|
PRE-TRAINING PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES
(4 weeks prior)
- Meet with Project Director to discuss and review job description.
- Review with APCD/Admin all arrangements and commitments made by Peace Corps for housing, food transportation, village/communities, etc. Negotiate and finalize cost, payment schedule, forms of acceptable payment (cash or Purchase Order). Begin preparing necessary paper work.
- With Project Director interview and hire kitchen staff, driver, typist, laundry help, guards and any other necessary personnel for the training center.
- With Project Director begin developing training budget, including the cost of lodging, food, supplies, transport, etc.
Inventory all Peace Corps training supplies.
- Review past administrative training reports.
- With Project Director have administrative orientation with APCD/Admin. Discuss training budget, petty cash, payrolling, trainee walk-around allowances, staff salaries, and general accountability and liabilities of government funds.
- With Project Director begin planning for Village/Community based training. Review villages/communities submitted by PCD/PTO. Assess needs, make contact with Community leaders. Discuss length of stay, expectations of Peace Corps and clarify shoes of the community, housing needs, payment, etc.
- If not village based training, begin planning for site visits or OJO (On the Job Orientation). Receive from Project Director dates, sites, length of stay, etc. in order to budget and prepare money for travel and per deim.
(3 weeks prior)
- Prepare purchase orders for food, transportation, lodging, per diem, etc. as necessary. Prepare and submit cash needs schedule to APCD/Admin.
- With Project Director establish vehicle policy: setablish scheduling system for use.
- Evaluate training center facilities needs, such as beds, sheets, stoves, kitchenware, typewriters, etc. Based on assessment, begin to purchase necessary articles.
- Prepare material procurement list.
(2 weeks prior)
- Attend and participate in staff training. Be prepared to discuss and define administrative operations for training program. Negotiate and finalize with staff all site arrangements, i.e. sleeping quarters, offices, supplies etc.
- Continue purchase and stockpiling of supplies for transport to training center.
- Determine ahead of time: How individual rooms will be assigned. Arrangement for offices. Arrangement for libraries.
(1 week prior)
- Move to training center. Begin set-up of kitchen, offices, library, marketing system, classrooms, sleeping quarters, laundry operations, etc.
- With Project Director preparation and submission of training budget to APCD/Admin.