|A Trainer's Resource Guide (Peace Corps, 1983, 199 p.)|
PRE-TRAINING PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES
(4 weeks prior)
- Review past training reports.
- Review/research revelant training material, assess need for training.
- Review and analyze volunteer Task Analysis, TAC sheets, pre-training questionnaires and general correspondences to get an up to date description of the volunteer job.
- With prior approval of Project Director, interview appropriate Peace Corps staff and volunteers regarding specific technical or training site needs of volunteers.
- Begin to compile technical training session objectives and relevant sequential scheduling.
- Review volunteer reports, technical materials and technical training aides for training. Review materials on file, resource library, etc.
- Identify potential resource people for technical training themes.
- With Project Director and revelant APCDs finalize any needed technical training needs.
- Begin planning of technical training site (if done outside of training site). Compile list of all supplies, materials and transportation needed. Outline all logistical considerations. Submit list of needed supplies for purchase to Project Director.
(3 weeks prior)
- In coordination with Project Director, preparation of training session designs where none exist with final and en-route objectives for each training activity. All training session designs should be turned in to the Project Director at least (12) days prior to the start of training.
- Continue reviewing training materials. Begin duplications.
(2 weeks prior)
- Attend and participate in staff training which include; goals and philosophy of Peace Corps training, principles of adult learning, concepts of integrated training, time for refining sessions designs and team building.
- With Project Director finalize training design for technical training and ensure integration of all training components.
(1 week prior)
- Continue planning training sessions and developing learning aides, i.e. case studies, critical incidents, visual aides, handouts, etc.
- Order, prepare, duplicate any additional technical materials or publications.
- Reconfirm all dates and times with any resource people. Send written confirmation.