|Sustainable Energy News - No. 14 September 1996 (INFORSE, 1996)|
At the 1996 annual INforSE - Europe meeting on June 30, anew Action Plan was approved It sets the framework for the next year's activities of INforSE - Europe. Emphasis will be on the following items:
· A campaign to monitor and lobby EU institutions on energy questions. APERE in Belgium and the INforSE-Europe secretariat in Denmark will allocate resources to follow ongoing EU issues, circulated the information among INforSE-Europe members, and publicise INforSE positions on the different issues in question.
· Collection of renewable-energy case data from Central and Eastern Europe will continue the work began in the project for assessing renewable-energy potentials (see SEN no. 13). This new project will first provide an overview of renewable-energy technologies in Slovakia, Hungary, and Western Ukraine. Later, more countries will be included and an international overview will be made.
· A European sustainable energy seminar is planned for the
first week of July 1997 in Hungary in
cooperation with other European energy NGO networks. As part of this seminar will be the 1997 INforSE - Europe meeting.
· A new INforSE-Europe email list is being established.
· The INforSE-Europe sustainable energy-company database will be developed further. It is available on diskette.
· INforSE-Europe asked the NGO Bank Watch Network for cooperation on monitoring energy lending from development banks, specifically, concerning Central and Eastern Europe.
· Finally, an important part of the activities of INforSE - Europe is to take part in the worldwide campaigns and other activities of INforSE. A special European information project is planned for the Solar Summit including a follow up meeting
The INforSE-Europe coordinators, Emil Bedi, Slovakia and Gunnar Boye Olesen, Denmark were both re-elected at the meeting
More information: INforSE-Europe. See at the back page.