|Better Farming Series 31. Biogas: What it is; How it is Made; How to Use it (FAO Better Farming Series, 1984)|
119. Always be very careful when you are near a biogas unit because gas may be leaking.
120. Never build a fire near the unit, smoke, or even light a match near the unit, because If gas la leaking It may explode.
121. It biogas is leaking and you breathe in too much of it can make you very sick.
122. Check your biogas unit and gas lines often to be sure that there are no leaks. Items 49 to 57 and items 82 and 83 have told you how to find and stop leaks.
123. After some time, rust will start to appear on the inside of your unit.
124. Once a year you should take the unit apart and clean and paint the metal gas holder and all other metal parts.
125. You can use paint which is used to protect metal or coat the metal parts with tar.