|Case Studies on Technical and Vocational Education in Asia and the Pacific - Islamic Republic of Pakistan (UNEVOC - ACEID, 1996, 58 p.)|
|2. Technical, Educational and Vocational Training (TEVT) in Pakistan|
The Federal Ministry of Education has the responsibility of policy formulation, while the provincial education departments are fully responsible for executing education plans. The Federal Ministry of Education through a number of administrating wings, coordinate the working, while provincial education departments through Directorate of Technical Education control the activities of Technical Education. Similarly Vocational Training is the responsibility of the Ministry of Labour and Manpower, although some other ministries also look after vocational training. The Ministry of Labour and Manpower have a Training Board and a Training Bureau which look after the affairs of Vocational Training. Provincial Departments of Labour control vocational training through the Directorate of Labour.
The organisational structures of Ministry of Education, Ministry of Labour and Manpower, Training Board and training Bureau, Provincial Education and Labour including:
· Enrolment, intake and output of education system including TEVT by level and by Gender.
· Number of Vocational Technical and Engineering Institutions in Pakistan.
· Intake capacity enrolment and output of Vocational Commercial and Technical Institutions.
· Annual intake capacity and enrolment by technology in Government Polytechnics/College of Technology.
· Number of Training Centres, their capacity enrolment and output per year.
· Capacities, enrolments and outputs of non-formal training system institutions are included in the Appendices.