|International Advisory Committee - Final Report - 1st Session (UNEVOC, 1993, 22 p.)|
The first session of the International Advisory Committee for the International Project on Technical and Vocational Education (UNEVOC) was held at the UNEVOC implementation centre in Berlin from 20 to 22 September 1993. The ten members from all regions, as well as observers from the specialized agencies of the UN system, intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations participated in this session. (A list of participants is given in Annex I).
The meeting was opened by Mr. Colin N. Power, Assistant Director-General for Education, who, on behalf of the Director-General of UNESCO, welcomed the participants to this first session of the UNEVOC Advisory Committee, underlining the principal objectives concerning the projects main orientations as well as priorities for the coming biennium (1994-1995).
After a slight amendment to change the number of vice-chairpersons, the meeting adopted the Rules of Procedure.
The meeting elected as Chairperson, Dr Gregor RAMSEY, and three Vice-Chairpersons: Professor Maria Ester ALTUBE, Mr André BRUYERE and Professor Slaheddine GHERISSI. Mr Peter THIELE was elected as Rapporteur.
Dr Ramsey declared the meeting open and the agenda was adopted (see Annex II).
The committee was informed by the Assistant Director-General on current developments in the three UNEVOC Programme Areas as mentioned in Resolution 1.8 adopted by the UNESCO General Conference at its 26th session:
· A International exchange of ideas and experience and studies on policy issues;
· B Strengthening of national research and development capabilities;
· C Facilitating access to data bases and documentation.
The UNESCO secretariat prepared the following documents for the consideration of the Committee:
· UNESCOs Action in Technical and Vocational Education (ED/93/504.4)
· Feasibility Study on the Establishment of an International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education;
· Resolution 1.8 adopted by the UNESCO General Conference at its 26th session;
· Main Working Document (ED/93/504.3);
· Agreement between UNESCO and the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany on the UNEVOC project;