|Expert Meeting on Teacher Education and Training for Technical and Vocational Education in the Arab States - Final Report - 24 -27 March 1996 (UNEVOC, 1996, 24 p.)|
|I - THE ORGANIZATION OF THE MEETING|
In its third session held in the headquarters - Paris, from 2nd to 4th October 1995, UNEVOC International Advisory Committee highlighted the necessity to consider seriously the Teacher Education and Training for Technical and Vocational Education through the future activities of UNEVOC project.
UNESCO Regional Office for Education in the Arab States (UNEDBAS), in collaboration with its National Commissions in the Arab States, carried out a series of activities that covered the following programme areas:
A - International exchange of ideas, experience and studies on policy issues;
B - Strengthening of national research and development capabilities;
C - Facilitating access to databases and documentation, strengthening the UNEVOC Network.
The Regional Expert Meeting on Teacher Education and Training for Technical and Vocational Education in the Arab States was held thanks to the efforts of UNESCO and its National Commissions in the Arab States, headed by the National Commission for Education in the United Arab Emirates. The objective of the meeting is to allow Arab Specialists and Experts to define the teachers role in Technical and Vocational Education, to develop and enhance the effectiveness of Technical and Vocational Education programmes and, to link Technical and Vocational Education to the world of work and development, taking into account, the results and recommendations of regional meetings on the subject and, especially:
- Recommendations of the 2nd session of the Regional programme for the Generalization and Modernization of Primary Education and the Abolishment of Illiteracy in the Arab States (ARABUPEAL), Cairo, 5 - 8 June, 1994.
- Cairos Declaration, Fifth Conference for the Ministers of Education and Ministers responsible for the economic planning in the Arab States, Cairo, 11 -14 June, 1994.
- Recommendations of the Eighth Regional Advisory Meeting on Educational Modernization for Development in the Arab States, Bahrain, 2-6 May 1995.
- Recommendations of the 21st Regional Meeting on Arab Teacher Education, Amman, Jordan, 2-5 October, 1995.
- Results and Recommendations of UNEVOC Regional Meetings in the Arab States, for 1994 - 1995.