|Better Farming Series 21. Wet Paddy or Swamp Rice (FAO, 1977, 40 p.)|
|How to get good yields|
4. To get good yields from wet paddy cultivation, the farmer must
· Be In control of the water have enough water when the rice is growing, add more water at the right time, take water away (drain) at the right time, have the right depth of water.
· Make good nurseries so as to have fine seedlings for transplanting.
· Transplant at the right date, In rows
· Prepare the soil of the rice field well by tillage and level It
· Tend the rice field carefully Cultivate whenever any weeds have grown. Apply fertilizers, flood the field, protect the rice from pests.
· Harvest with care, and dry the paddy grains well.