|Better Farming Series 39. Raising Ducks 1: How to Begin (FAO, 1990, 73 p.)|
|Growing your own baby ducks|
158. After all the baby ducks have hatched, a good rule to follow is... bother them as little as possible. The female duck will take good care of her babies.
159. However, your baby ducks will need some special care for the first 4 weeks. You should be sure to
· see that they are
· give them shelter in bad weather
· keep them apart from the rest of the flock
· feed them well
160. For the first 4 weeks give the baby ducks all of the left- over food that you usually give to the rest of the flock.