|Better Farming Series 39. Raising Ducks 1: How to Begin (FAO, 1990, 73 p.)|
174. In this booklet you have learned how to raise and care for a flock of 6 to 24 ducks that live by themselves and find most of their own food with very little help from you.
175. You can also raise more ducks. You can raise as many as 60 ducks in much the same way as you raise a smaller flock.
176. You will have to learn a little more about ducks and work a little harder. However, with 60 ducks you will get many more eggs and much more meat to eat and to sell at the market.
177. Perhaps you can raise more ducks with another farming family near you. Perhaps you can raise more ducks with other families in your village.
178. The next booklet in this series, Booklet No. 40, Raising
ducks 2: further improvement, will tell you