|Population and Nutrition (FAO)|
By participating in the activities of this module, it is intended that the group members will recognize (he able to state):
· The need for proper nutrition and nutritients provided by the five main food groups.
· The causes, effects and control measures for four common nutrition-related conditions and diseases.
· At least one important way in which rapid population growth affects nutrition.
· The importance of proper preservation and preparation of foodstuffs in achieving good nutrition.
· The importance of breast-feeding for the health of the child and the mother.