|Date||Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:15:11 +1200|
|Subject||Re: [greenstone-users] Illegal OAI verb error|
Please see notes below.
Heather Rolen wrote:
Are you using the windows stand-alone server? If so, these instructions will help. If not, the instructions will need to be tweaked a bit. Just write back and I will help you out.
To get Greenstone2.74 running with your existing collections, without disturbing your 2.73 installation in the mean time, you could follow these steps:
* Install 2.74 into a different location to you 2.73 installation (let's say, C:\Program Files\Greenstone2.74)
* Delete the C:\Program Files\Greenstone2.74\collect directory
* Copy the collect directory from your 2.73 installation to your C:\Program Files\Greenstone2.74, to replace the one that was deleted in the last step
* Test your new intallation. Start up Greenstone2.74, but using a different port. (Change the port number with file -> settings -> port number). Visit the library and check that your collections are working properly.
* Shutdown Greenstone2.74.
* Now shut down Greenstone2.73 and start up Greenstone2.74 on port 80.
* You might want to uninstall 2.73, but please keep a backup of the important files like the collect directory and any config files you have spent time on!
With each release of Greenstone2, we aim to maintain backwards compatibility. So your collections should not be affected, especially given that you will only be upgrading by one release!