The comma delimited file has commas separating
fields, double quotes around field values, and CF/LF between records.
The tab delimited file has tabs for both
separating fields and delimiting field values, and CF/LF between records.
Both files have txt extensions and the
process_exp parameter of the ProCite plugin is the default (?i)(\.txt)$
Effectively the normal build was being done
before by TEXTPlug. When I remove TEXTPlug (or
move it to after ProCitePlug), the normal build
fails saying "0 documents were considered for
processing". Changing split_exp to \r\n from \n does not make any difference.
Even when TEXTPlug was first (and also with
TEXTPlug removed or moved to the end), the
explode is done with ProCitePlug producing a nul
file for each record and a metadata.xml file with
only the file name as metadata.
So, the result is still negative. I am sending
you offline the two ProCite text files.
At 03:37 21/07/2008, you wrote:
>First, maybe a dumb question, but are you sure
>that the file is being processed by ProCite plugin and not eg TextPlug?
>Secondly, maybe you haven't got the split_exp
>set up correctly. This is a regular expression
>that separates records in the file.
>"\n" should split the file at each line. (You might like to try \r\n also).
>If you can't get it working, can you send us a
>small example of the exported database.
>Hope this helps
>John Rose wrote:
>>Has anyone succeeded in using the ProCite plugin?
>>It seems that it requires a txt file. I am
>>trying to get it to work for a colleague who
>>has ProCite 5, which has options for generating
>>Comma Delimited, Tab Delimited or Custom (you
>>can specify any single character as a field
>>separator, delimiter, or end-of-record character) files.
>>I have tried with comma delimited and tab
>>delimited files. In both cases, when I try to
>>build a collection with the file, it processes
>>one document, then shows only one document in
>>the collection (the entire database, with each
>>record on a separate line preceded by <Default>154328).
>>When I explode and then build, it says that the
>>metadata.xml file is being processed by
>>MetadataXMLPlug, then that each of the nul
>>files are being processed by NULPlug, but when
>>I go to the Enrich view I see no metadata
>>associated with the files (and no lines for exp
>>metadata, only blank lines for dc).
>>The only parameter for the plugin is
>>"split_exp" which is "A perl regular expression
>>to split input files into segments.". I have no
>>idea what this means (should be clarified).
>>When I guessed that it could be the separator,
>>I changed "default = \n" to "default = \t" with
>>the tab delimited file, but this makes no difference.
>>If no input from the group, asking the Waikato
>>team to explain how the ProCite plugin works, thanks and best regards, John
>> John B. Rose
>> 1 Bis, Rue des Ch□tre-Sacs
>> 92310 S□vres
>> Email: <email@example.com>
>> (in case of bounce
>> then send to <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
>>greenstone-users mailing list