1. When we call convert we take screenviewsize and add argument
-geometry <screenviewsize>x<screenviewsize>, which specifies maximum width
I think if you use -geometry <screenviewsize> then this will specify the
width to be screenviewsize, and the height will adjust accordingly. (or
-geometry x<screenviewsize> if you want to specify constant height)
The easiest way to achieve this is to modify the plugin.
The plugin to change is ImageConverter
look for the create_screenview method, and the line
my $scale_option = "-geometry $screenviewsize" . "x$screenviewsize";
#my $scale_option = "-geometry $screenviewsize" . "x$screenviewsize";
my $scale_option = "-geometry $screenviewsize";
If you modify the plugin in perllib/plugins, then the changes will affect
every collection and every image coversion to screenview.
If you only want the changes for one particular collection, then copy the
plugin into collect/yourcollection/perllib/plugins/. I haven't tried this,
so I am not sure that the way greenstone works out which plugins to load
will work when the collection specific one is not a top level plugin, but
an inherited one.
If you are doing it this way and it doesn't seem to be working (ie it
works if you modify the main plugin but not if you copy it into the
collection,) then we will probably need to do a bit of fiddling to get it
to work. Let me know and I can help with that.
> Hi all,
> I have another couple of questions regarding the PagedImage plugin.
> 1. I need the screen image in my collection to have 900 pixels as its
width. However if I put 900 in the screenviewsize parameter I get an
image that has a height of 900 with a variable width: I need just the
opposite. That is, I'd like a fixed width of 900 px with the height
varying. Is this possible?
> 2. Back to sorting. I've tried to change or eliminate sorting on my
Hierarchy classifier without any luck. Whether I change the sort
parameter or eliminate it altogether, I always get my metadata in
ascending alphabetical order with single documents before folders. My
last test was the following:
> classify Hierarchy -metadata "ex.Subject and Keywords" -buttonname
Argomenti -suppresslastlevel -separator [|] -sort "ex.SourceFile"
> and after regenerating the collection nothing had changed: alphabetical
order. Is this a known problem or am I unusually dense lately and
> Thanks for the help!
> Rag. William Mann
> Comune di Belluno
> Servizio Sistemi Informativi
> Piazza Castello, 14
> 32100 Belluno
> Tel. 0437-913156
> e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
> greenstone-users mailing list