You can check what the classifier has created by using the db2text utility to convert the
file to a text file which you can then inspect by searching for the relevant classifier (CL1,CL2)
db2txt eastt.ldb > db.txt
It is most likely the classifier, which one did you use?
Stephen De Gabrielle
Northern Territory University Library
Tel: (08) 8946 7009 from overseas: 61 8 8946 7009
Postal address: P.O.Box 41246, Casuarina, NT, 0811, Australia
CRICOS Provider No: 00300K
>Allison Zhang <email@example.com>
>Sent by: firstname.lastname@example.org
>01/10/2003 02:49 PM AST
> Subject: [greenstone-users] Title list W-P?
>I am working on a collection of PDF documents. On the title list, the
>alphabet links on the top show as
>A-D E L-P W-P
>I am puzzled by W-P. Where did the P come from?
>I used "DC.Title.section" as the metadata for the title classifier and the
>"DC.Title" for the CL1VList for the display. This is because we put the
>date in the title with the format of (Month date, year) which did not
>display the title in the correct order. (December displayed before
>November, for example) So, we added a hidden field DC.Title.section, in
>which we put "title yyyy-mm-dd" format, and we use this field as the
>classifier so the titles display in the correct order by date. It worked
>fine for our purpose. However, I don't know where the W-P came from. All
>metadata records were created automatically by a script and only a few
>records were edited manually. I checked those records and did not find any
>Here is the URL. Click on the Titles, you will see the problem.
>Manager, Digital Collections Production Center
>Washington Research Library Consortium
>901 Commerce Drive
>Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
>greenstone-users mailing list