I've searched around and can't find what I am doing wrong. We're
running SUSE 10.2 with Greenstone 2.74b I'm really at a loss as to why I
cannot get the File or Edit menus on the GLI applet to function. They
appear grayed out.
I will paste my installation steps below, maybe it will help to see what
I am doing wrong. This is a draft version of my documentation, so there
may be some typos.
(Assuming a clean SUSE install)
* Download Greenstone package to /usr/local/src
* Install the following packages using Yast;
* Turn on apache at startup
chkconfig apache2 start
* Add an additional repo to Yast
* server - mirrors.kernel.org
* directory - opensuse/distribution/10.2/repo/non-oss/
* Install Java Runtime Engine using Yast
* Install Java SDK using Yast
* Create a greenstone conf file for apache(/etc/apache2/conf.d/),
populate with the following:
ScriptAlias /gsdl/cgi-bin/ "/opt/greenstone/cgi-bin/"
Allow from all
Alias /gsdl/ "/opt/greenstone/"
Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
Allow from all
setenv JAVA_HOME "/usr/lib/jvm/java"
* Unpack and install Greenstone
tar -xvf /usr/local/src/gsdl-(version).tar.gz
* Change permissions to world writeable on Greenstone's config
chmod -R 777 /opt/greenstone/etc
* Change permissions to world writeable on Greenstone's tmp
chmod -R 777 /opt/greenstone/tmp
* Setup java for Greenstone Librarian Interface
* Change to /opt/greenstone/gli directory
* Run makegli.sh
* Run java keytool
/usr/lib/jvm/java/jre/bin/keytool -genkey -alias 1234 -keystore appletstore -storepass greenstone
What is your first and last name?
What is the name of your organizational unit?
What is the name of your organization?
What is the name of your City or Locality?
What is the name of your State or Province?
What is the two-letter country code for this unit?
Is CN=Greenstone, OU=Learning Technologies, O=Learning Technologies, L=Nampa, ST=ID, C=US correct?
Enter key password for 1234
* Run makejar.sh
* Run java jarsigner
/usr/bin/jarsigner -keystore appletstore -signedjar SignedGatherer.jar GLI.jar 1234
Enter Passphrase for keystore: greenstone
Enter key password for 1234: 1234
* Move signed jar file
mv SignedGatherer.jar /opt/greenstone/gsdl/bin/java/
* Add full path to perl in /opt/greenstone/cgi-bin/gliserver.pl on
* Make collect directory writeable
chmod -R 777 /opt/greenstone/gsdl/collect
* Restart apache
* Access the running Greenstone at: