|Date||Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:24:13 +1200|
|Subject||Re: [greenstone-users] Illegal OAI verb error|
Firstly, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
The upgrade procedure would be the same, except that instead of starting and stopping servers, you would connect and disconnect greenstone installations from your own web server. Of course, exactly how this is done varies from OS to OS and from web server to web server. These documents might help:
Also, take a look at how your current 2.73 installation is connected. This should help when it comes time to connect 2.74.
Revised instructions below:
( Steps marked with ** can be safely skipped )
* Install 2.74 into a different location to your 2.73 installation
* Delete the 2.74 collect directory
* Copy the collect directory from your 2.73 installation to your 2.74 installation, to replace the one that was deleted in the last step
** Connect 2.74 to a temporary location on your web server.
** Test your new intallation: Visit the library at the temp location and check that your collections are working properly.
* Disconnect 2.73 from your web server and connect 2.74 in it's place. You have now upgraded to 2.74!
* You might want to uninstall 2.73, but please keep a backup of the important files like the collect directory and any config files you have spent time on!
Heather Rolen wrote: