We are pleased to announce that the Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS/X and
Source distributions of Greenstone v2.70
are now available for download from our sourceforge page:
Release notes are copied below.
Also available are updated versions of the following packages:
* Export to CD-ROM
* Greenstone Tutorial exercises (now in French, Spanish and Russian as
well as English)
* Documented example collections
* User manuals
As always, please report any problems or bugs to the mailing list.
On behalf of the Greenstone team.
Greenstone 2.70 release notes:
This is a major stable release that corresponds to the UNESCO Greenstone
It does not contain much new functionality over v2.63, but does contain
many bug fixes and other minor improvements.
Important changes in this release include, in no particular order:
- Updated GLI documentation
- Up-to-date French, Spanish and Russian versions of
- Greenstone installer
- Greenstone User's Guide
- Greenstone interface
- Greenstone setup scripts
- Greenstone README file
- Greenstone Perl module strings
- GLI scripts
- GLI README file
- GLI interface
- GLI help text
We are extremely grateful to UNESCO and volunteers Jesus Tramullas,
Olena Medelyan and Antonia Lema for all their hard work on the French,
Spanish and Russian translations.
- New Gaelic (Scottish) interface, thanks to Rita Campbell and Laurinda
- Updated Indonesian Interface, thanks to Paul Mundy
- New Greek GLI interface, thanks to Papadimitropoulos Petros
- Improved Collage applet
- Improved support for CDS/ISIS databases and exploding metadata
- More extracted metadata is now displayed in GLI Enrich Pane
- New replace and rename options for documents in the collection tree (GLI)
- oaiserver now works with all types of identifiers, not just HASH ids.
- Compiling on windows now supports Visual C++ 2005, new GSDL_VC4 options
replaces USE_STLPORT, thanks to help from Emanuel Dejanu
- ...and many many other improvements and bug fixes