Thanks for pointing it out. I think we should modified the code
Element param = (Element) param_list.getFirstChild();
It is not a good way to get the first element using
param_list.getFirstChild(), which could be a text node. I will ask someone
to fix that.
> I managed to get to the point of seeing the real exceptions and
> working around them yesterday.
> It was very confusing. For example processDocumentMetadataRetrieve
> threw a type casting exception on this line
> Element param = (Element) param_list.getFirstChild();
> After much blood sweat and tears (including coding around this and
> several similar problems) I think I have identified the root cause. I
> still have to check this properly.
> I believe that the SOAP envelope sent to the server (the XML string)
> must NOT have spaces or line breaks between the elements.
> Hence the manual is a little misleading!
> Steve Jones
> Associate Professor, Computer Science
> University of Waikato
> Private Bag 3105
> Hamilton, New Zealand