|Date||Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:16:23 -0400|
|Subject||RE: [greenstone-users] Filename and files not processed|
>> Can I preserve the original PDF filename?
> I'm not sure if you can avoid the renaming to doc.pdf
I did preserve my pdf original filenames with some manual work:
1. I did a normal build with the librarian
2. I removed all doc.pdf files.
3. I copied all my pdf files directly into my “assoc” folder
4. I change all format statements to replace the [srclink] by my own link <a href=/gsdl/collect/gsarch/index/assoc/[dc.Identifier].pdf> (I did not use the [Source] metadata, I used my own [dc.Identifier]… Didn’t know about [Source] at that time, maybe it would work.) By the way, all my filenames where less than 8.3 characters with no space or accented characters.
5. I did a lot of testing to make sure all links where working…
[mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] De la part de Stephen DeGabrielle
On 6/29/05, Giuseppe Giannuzzi <email@example.com> wrote: