Re: RE : [greenstone-devel] French diacritics and internal links

From sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz
DateThu, 25 Jan 2007 10:23:27 +1300 (NZDT)
Subject Re: RE : [greenstone-devel] French diacritics and internal links
In-Reply-To (746E6A427A7A4D489E4841B8C8EA786172B2BF-S01EXC005-mairie-toulouse-intra)
Hello Patrick,

> I've tried to build a collection with MGPP using the accent folding
> option, but it doesn't change anything to the problem and the link is
> still not working.

Have you modified your link since using mgpp? Perhaps, you could do a
fresh installation of 2.72 and try out the form searching and the Accent
differences switch in the preference page first to see whether the
accenting folding is working and is what you want.

> Otherwise and concerning what you're saying "so you need to do the same
> for your hyperlink", I'm afraid that I'm not really able to know
> concretely what to do...
If you used the method described at
http://greenstone.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_to_handle_diacritics
You need to write a method similar to filter_characters() in the "Macros
files" section to filter [cgisafe:dc.Creator] in your link.

Regards
Shaoqun

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz [mailto:sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz]
> Envoy□ : jeudi 21 d□cembre 2006 22:30
> □ : HERNEBRING Patrick
> Cc : greenstone-devel@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
> Objet : Re: [greenstone-devel] French diacritics and internal links
>
> Hello Patrick,
>
> what [cgisafe:dc.Creator] does is encode the metadata rather than filter
> the characters as the query form does described in wiki, so you need to do
> the same for your hyperlink. However, I suggest you to upgrade your
> greenstone and use MGPP's accent folding option.
>
> Regards
> Shaoqun
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We've made hyperlink out of the value of metadata element putting in the
>> format statement, an <a> tag around the metadata item, for example <a
>> href=/gsdlmod?e=d-00000-00---off-0gsarch--00-0----0-10-0---0---0direct-10---4-----dfr--0-1l--11-en-50---20-help-Clare+Jolley--00-0-1-00-0--4----0-0-11-10-0utfZz-8-00&a=q&q=[cgisafe:dc.Creator]&h=dag&t=0>[dc.Creator]</a>. When
>> the value of the metadata contains any diacitics of the french langage
>> -□,□,□,□... -, the link won't work fine.
>> I've allready written to the Greenstone team about this problem, and it
>> is
>> now a little bit better.
>> For example, If I click on "Gr□try, Andr□-Ernest-Modeste", first the
>> search engine won't find anything and there will be displayed :
>> "Andr□:O,
>> Ernest:1, Gr□rty:0, Modeste:1 - No documents mathed the query"... But if
>> I
>> click on the "begin search" button, "Gr□try, Andr□-Ernest-Modeste" will
>>