[greenstone-users] gli-applet

From Gary Crook
DateWed, 19 Sep 2007 14:01:23 -0500
Subject [greenstone-users] gli-applet
Quan,
I have not posted to a mailing list before, I assume that Arthur Belanger will see this post as well.
I uninstalled 2.74 and deleted the .gli directory. Then installed 2.74b. The results were the same as listed in my orginal post. When I ran the diff command on the Gatherer.java files in 2.74 and 2.74b there was no output. The same with the GathererApplet.java files. I obtained a copy of 2.72 and ran the diff command on the files and there were quite a few changes in the Gatherer.java file and just a couple of changes in the GatherApplet.java file.

After all that, I un-installed Greenstone 2.74 from my test system and installed 2.72. The install went smoothly.  When The GLI applet is launched from the browser it runs and the interface is completely functional.

I plan to leave 2.74 on the production server and disable the gliapplet and use the remote gli-client to provide the remote collection building functionality.

I am attaching the httpd error log from the last time I tried to run the gli-applet in 2.74 as well as the output from the diff command.

Gary


<<attachment>>
Type: application/octet-stream
Filename: httpd_errors

download


<<attachment>>
Type: application/octet-stream
Filename: gatherer_diff

download


<<attachment>>
Type: application/octet-stream
Filename: gathererApplet_diff

download