I have a few people that are wanting to migrate to Greenstone 3. I know you
advise people to stick with Greenstone 2. I would like to give them more of
an informed answer. Please could you supply me with more information on the
1. Can greenstone 3 in its current state support all of Greenstone 2's
2. Are there any plans to freeze development on Greenstone 2 to rather
concentrate on Greenstone 3 or will both projects continue to run in
3. When (in years or months) do you intend to push out the first formal
3. Are there any workshop materials or tutorials available?
4. Has Greenstone 2 been benchmarked against Greenstone 3? If so, are there
any marked improvements when performing any of the functions supported by
5. Why should someone migrate to Greenstone 3? Despite being able to run in
a distributed fashion, are there any other advantages.
6. Are there any new tools that are being developed for Greenstone 3?
Any other comments will be appreciated as well.