[greenstone-devel] Rendering special characters and DateList

From Beatriz Salazar
DateFri, 19 Nov 2004 09:47:02 -0500
Subject [greenstone-devel] Rendering special characters and DateList
Hi Michael:

Thanks for your answer. We installed version 2.52 after solving some errors
with import.pl, that didn´t work. We got an error message, something like

Uncaught exception from user code:
Can't load '/home/httpd/gsdl/perllib/cpan/auto/XML/Parser/Expat/Expat.so'
for module XML::Parser::Expat:

We had to delete the Perl 5.8 directory included in the distribution to make
it work, and all is going well now.

We have another question now. Is it possible to have a DateList index
display titles in reverse
order, the newest documents first?. And to display search results in the
same way?

Thanks again

B. Salazar

-----Mensaje original-----
De: mdewsnip@rural.cepes.org.pe [mailto:mdewsnip@rural.cepes.org.pe]En
nombre de Michael Dewsnip
Enviado el: Lunes, 15 de Noviembre de 2004 08:00 p.m.
Para: bsalazar@cepes.org.pe
CC: greenstone-devel@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Asunto: Re: [greenstone-devel] Rendering special characters


Hi Beatriz,

Please try the latest version of Greenstone (version 2.52) to make sure we
haven't already fixed your problem -- we've made a lot of improvements and
bug
fixes since version 2.41! If you have compile errors then we'd like to know
about them.

You can also send me personally a small set of documents that exhibits the
problem and I'll try it here.

Regards,

Michael

Beatriz Salazar wrote:

> Hi, please help us:
>
> We have met the same problem that Jim Elmborg brought to this list on
March
> 2004 about errors in rendering special characters. We have tried to apply
> the solutions given by John R. McPherson, but they didn´t work.
>
> Elmborg wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > After multiple builds, I'm still losing all the diacritics from non
> English
> > names when building a library.
> > ... any character with a diacritical mark is removed from the library.
> > Gábór becomes Gbr.
>
> It´s basically the same problem. We are using Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora core
1),
> Greenstone 2.41 and Perl 5.8.3 on Linux. Tried to install Greenstone 2.5,
> but had compiling problems.
>
> We are puzzled because there were not rendering problems until a few
months
> ago, and we are working with the same version of Greenstone and the same
> collections. Only rebuilt collections are having problems. The only
change
> we made was replacing Red Hat 9 by Apache/2.0.50 Fedora core 1 with Perl
> 5.8.3.
>
> The xml files in the archives directory are the same that were rendered
> correctly before (we compared the xml files for the same items); but in
the
> LDB file in the index/text directory, the collections that have this
problem
> show accented characters.
>
> Regards
>
> B.Salazar
>
> _______________________________________________
> greenstone-devel mailing list
> greenstone-devel@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
> https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-devel