|Date||Thu, 22 May 2003 16:55:56 +1200|
|Subject||Re: [greenstone-users] how to compile the source code?|
> Thankx to Michael and Stefan
> for the kind help in generating custom navigation button.
> how to compile the source code that i modified a little.
> I have the following environments on my PC.
> webserver: apache1.3
> greenstone2.39 installed for web option with source code.
> I have VC++ compiler. Do i need anything else to compile the
Attached is the relevant section from the gsdl/Install.txt file.
-- Compiling on Windows --
Greenstone has been successfully compiled using Microsoft Visual C++
The major difference between compiling with VC++ 4.2 compared with VC++ 6.0
Perform the following steps to compile and install Greenstone. Note that
1. Unzip the following zip archives (into the directories in which the
2. To use VC++ command line tools you may need to execute the
3. cd to the top level gsdl directory (i.e. the directory where this file
4. compile the web library (library.exe) with
5. compile the local library (server.exe) with
This will install library.exe to the gsdlcgi-bin directory and server.exe