[greenstone-users] Russian and Vietnamese Languages

From Tran
DateThu, 24 Mar 2005 20:52:43 +0700
Subject [greenstone-users] Russian and Vietnamese Languages
Hi List,
I've got two problems with the languages, Russian and Vietnamese:
        1. My documents were edited in MS Office 2003 and then converted to PDF (Acrobat Ado 6.0 Pro). I'm using Windows XP Pro (which supports Unicode by default) with GSDL 2.53.
        In metadata of each file I've added information liked Author/Creator and Title in Russian or Vietnamese languages accordingly.
        The result was quite unexpected: It's obvious from the fields: Enrich/ex.Creator and ex.Title - that GSDL could not extract or import properly those data, just a garbage there.
        2. Second problem related to the Vietnamese language: I can not enter Vietnamese special characters in the fields of Enrich tab and in Design/Translate text. Copying Vietnamese characters into those fields has no problem!
 
Regard,