|Hi Alejandro, I think it is a conversion problem. Metadata.xml seems to be
reconverted to UTF8 or something else. Can you send me the "corrupted"
[mailto:email@example.com] En nombre de
Enviado el: martes, 14 de octubre de 2008 17:57
Asunto: [greenstone-users] Lost metadata
I've run into a very distressing and serious problem with a Greenstone
collection. In it I have two folders, one of them is the main folder, where
all of the documents are to be housed, the other one is the process folder,
where I add metadata to new files and then move them to the main folder. I
was doing this task, moving files from one folder to the other, and nothing
seemed to be out of place.
However, I arrive today and I want to check something in the main folder. To
my surprise, all the metadata for these files was gone! Not one file had any
metadata, at all. On the process folder, there are still some files and they
all have their metadata. What's more bewildering, I move a file from the
process folder to the main folder, the metadata disappears!
I opened the metadata.xml file on notepad, and noticed something wrong with
it, it doesn't end well.
Other metadata.xml files end like this:
But the one on the main folder ends like this:
And then it's followed by thousands and thousands of space characters, a
huge slab of blank space.
All of the metadata seems to be still there, but it just doesn't show up on
GLI. I am hesitant to rebuild the collection and permanently lose all the
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...