[greenstone-users] RE: greenstone-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 7

From khalid meri
DateSat, 15 Jul 2006 11:27:59 +0000
Subject [greenstone-users] RE: greenstone-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 7
In-Reply-To (BAY0-MC12-F265Y5Qc3000449ea-bay0-mc12-f2-bay0-hotmail-com)

Dear All.

i try to seach in word documentin Arabic  but the system not work good.and not give me any result

Please give me how can we search in arabic document  [font arabic] ex:-simplified arabic

With my best Regards

khaled



 


From:  greenstone-users-request@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Reply-To:  greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
To:  greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
Subject:  greenstone-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 7
Date:  14 Jul 2006 01:26:13 -0700
MIME-Version:  1.0
Received:  from zombie.scms.waikato.ac.nz ([130.217.241.36]) by bay0-mc12-f2.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.2444); Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:26:13 -0700
Received:  from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=zombie.scms.waikato.ac.nz)by zombie.scms.waikato.ac.nz with esmtp (Exim 4.52)id 1G1J00-0006k3-4f; Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:26:12 +1200
>Send greenstone-users mailing list submissions to
> greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>
>To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
>or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> greenstone-users-request@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>
>You can reach the person managing the list at
> greenstone-users-owner@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>
>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>than "Re: Contents of greenstone-users digest..."
>
>
>Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem (sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz)
>    2. Help needed on Hiararchy Classifiers (Joel Sandeep)
>    3. Re: Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem (Katherine Don)
>    4. Re: Help needed on Hiararchy Classifiers (sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz)
>    5. Re: Re: Searches in GS 2.70 (Katherine Don)
>    6. Re: Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem (Gayatri Doctor)
>
>
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:53:37 +1200 (NZST)
>From: sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz
>Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem
>To: "Gayatri Doctor" <gayatridoctor@ibsindia.org>
>Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>Message-ID:
> <34140.130.217.244.2.1152849217.squirrel@webmail.scms.waikato.ac.nz>
>Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
>Hi Gayatri,
>
>Do you mean you cannot see any titles in the M-Z option? Is it blank?
>Are you sure you have assigned dc.Title metadata for those documents? If
>you are using extracted Title (ex.Title), add ex.Title to the AZCompact
>List
>to read:
>classify AZCompactList - metadata dc.Title,ex.Title
>and rebuild the collection.
>
>Regards
>Shaoqun
>
> > Greetings ,
> >
> > I've been trying out with the Greenstone s/w ( version 2.6 )  & Student
> > Summer Project Reports.
> >
> > Greenstone 2.6  is loaded on Windows XP server, with IIS Web Server
> > installed and is accessible on the Intranet. A Collection for Summer
> > Internship Project Reports has been made. Search is available on title
> > keyword,organisation, faculty and words.
> >
> > I  am using the Classify AZ Compact List option for titles.
> > classify AZ Compact List - metadata dc.Title
> >
> > I get A-L & M-Z options when you browse search Title.
> > the titles in the A-L are shown & this option is highlighted. I cannot
> > access the titles in the M-Z option.
> >
> > When the number of titles were less this problem di not occur . Now the
> > number of titles entered is about 55.
> > I had earlier changed the Format of VList to remove the "View Document"
> > option & display only the pdf files. My current VLIST format is as follows
> > :
> >
> >
> > <td valign=top>{If}{[numleafdocs],[link][icon][/link]
> > [srclink][srcicon][/srclink]}</td>
> > <td valign=top>[highlight]
> > {Or}{[dls.Title],[dc.Title],[ex.Title],Untitled}
> > [/highlight]{If}{[ex.Source],<br><i>([ex.Source])</i>}</td>
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > Gayatri Doctor
> > Faculty , ICFAI Business School
> > Nr GNFC Info Tower
> > S G Road
> > Ahmedabad 380054
> > India_______________________________________________
> > greenstone-users mailing list
> > greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
> > https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 2
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:58:03 +0530 (IST)
>From: "Joel Sandeep" <joelsandeep@vidyanidhi.org.in>
>Subject: [greenstone-users] Help needed on Hiararchy Classifiers
>To: <greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz>
>Message-ID:
> <56526.210.212.200.229.1152847683.squirrel@mail.vidyanidhi.org.in>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>
>Hello Everybody,
>                Iam using Hierarchy classifier, I want some extra fields
>                that has to be displayed only in child node and the parent
>                node.
>Thanking you
>
>With Regards
>Joel Sandeep S
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 3
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:37:41 +1200
>From: Katherine Don <kjdon@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
>Subject: [greenstone-users] Re: Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem
>To: Gayatri Doctor <gayatridoctor@ibsindia.org>
>Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>Message-ID: <44B71F95.3050408@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
>Hi
>
>Please check that you haven't modified your HList format statement.
>It should look like
>[link][highlight][Title][/highlight][/link]
>
>or
>[link][Title][/link]
>
>Regards,
>Katherine
>
>Gayatri Doctor wrote:
> > Greetings ,
> >
> > I've been trying out with the Greenstone s/w ( version 2.6 )  & Student
> > Summer Project Reports.
> >
> > Greenstone 2.6  is loaded on Windows XP server, with IIS Web Server
> > installed and is accessible on the Intranet. A Collection for Summer
> > Internship Project Reports has been made. Search is available on
> > title.keyword,organisation, faculty and words.
> >
> > I  am using the Classify AZ Compact List option for titles.
> > classify AZ Compact List - metadata dc.Title
> >
> > I get A-L & M-Z options when you browse search Title.
> > the titles in the A-L are shown & this option is highlighted. I cannot
> > access the titles in the M-Z option.
> >
> > When the number of titles were less this problem di not occur . Now the
> > number of titles entered is about 55.
> > I had earlier changed the Format of VList to remove the "View Document"
> > option & display only the pdf files. My current VLIST format is as
> > follows :
> >
> > <td
> > valign=top>{If}{[numleafdocs],[link][icon][/link],[srclink][srcicon][/srclink]}</td>
> > <td valign=top>[highlight]
> > {Or}{[dls.Title],[dc.Title],[ex.Title],Untitled}
> > [/highlight]{If}{[ex.Source],<br><i>([ex.Source])</i>}</td>
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > Gayatri Doctor
> > Faculty , ICFAI Business School
> > Nr GNFC Info Tower
> > S G Road
> > Ahmedabad 380054
> > India
> >
> >
> > <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=409&lang=9>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 4
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:59:14 +1200 (NZST)
>From: sw64@cs.waikato.ac.nz
>Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Help needed on Hiararchy Classifiers
>To: "Joel Sandeep" <joelsandeep@vidyanidhi.org.in>
>Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>Message-ID:
> <34169.130.217.244.2.1152853154.squirrel@webmail.scms.waikato.ac.nz>
>Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
>Hi Joel,
>
>If you mean internal nodes (such as bookshelves) and leaf nodes (the
>documents), then you can use [numleafdocs] variable to difficate them as
>it is only set for internal nodes of the hierarchy. Please see the
>exercise
>http://greenstone.sourceforge.net/wiki/gsdoc/tutorial/en/formatting_tudor.htm
>for more about using [numleafdocs].
>
>Regards
>Shaoqun
>
> > Hello Everybody,
> >                Iam using Hierarchy classifier, I want some extra fields
> >                that has to be displayed only in child node and the parent
> >                node.
> > Thanking you
> >
> > With Regards
> > Joel Sandeep S
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > greenstone-users mailing list
> > greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
> > https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 5
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 17:01:20 +1200
>From: Katherine Don <kjdon@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
>Subject: Re: [greenstone-users] Re: Searches in GS 2.70
>To: volker_konrad@arcor.de
>Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>Message-ID: <44B72520.4090103@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
>Hi Volker
>
> > I've some new questions.
> >
> > 1. To use the "maxnumeric"-option I've
> >  edit the config file. But If I rebuild the library out of the GLI a new file is created and my additions are deletet. Can I insert this out of the librarian? I checked all the design entries, but found no option.
> >
>You need to make sure that the collection is not open in the GLI when
>you are editing the collect.cfg file, otherwise, as you have found out,
>it overwrites it.
>
> > 2. Very strange is the following point. I use the vmr.Date field of the metadata for latin numbers (centuries). They are displayed by the following line:
> >
> > {If}{[vmr.Date],
> > <tr>
> > <td align=right valign=top><b>Date:</b></td>
> > <td align=left valign=bottom><a href=/gsdlmod?e=d-00000-00---off-0gsarch--00-0----0-10-0---0---0direct-10---4-----dfr--0-1l--11-en-50---20-preferences-Diego+Spano--00-0-1-00-0--4----0-0-11-10-0utfZz-8-00&a=q&h=dv0&b=0&t=0&s=0&q=[vmr.Date]>
> > [vmr.Date]</a> [vmr.DiffrentDating]</td>
> > </tr>}
> >
> > With 4 entries I got 4 results:
> >
> > vmr.Date = X   : No result, no line appears
> > vmr.Date = III/IV : Just the first "III/" shown
> > vmr.Date = IV-V : all the line is shown + diffrent dating
> > vmr.Date = IV : No result, no line appears
> >
> > Is there a configuration for this line, I've to do?
> >
>Greenstone has some "useful" features like formatting dates nicely for
>you. If the date is e.g. 20060504 it will display like 4 May 2006.
>This is very helpful until you get a different date format like you
>have, when it totally stops working.
>One thing you can do is to rename your metadata to be something other
>than Date.
>Or you could edit the code if you don't want to rename the metadata.
>In greenstone/src/recpt/formattools.cpp, find the
>text_t format_date (const text_t &date) {
>function and add
>return date;
>as the first line in the function.
>Then you'll need to recompile.
>
>Hope this helps,
>Regards,
>Katherine
>
>
>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:45:40 +0530
>From: "Gayatri Doctor" <gayatridoctor@ibsindia.org>
>Subject: [greenstone-users] Re: Classifify A-Z Compact List Problem
>To: <kjdon@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
>Cc: greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>Message-ID: <44B7368C.000001.02608@GAYATRID>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part --------------
>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>Name: not available
>Type: image/gif
>Size: 5764 bytes
>Desc: not available
>Url : https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/private/greenstone-users/attachments/20060714/51f3785d/attachment.gif
>-------------- next part --------------
>A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>Name: not available
>Type: image/jpeg
>Size: 1431 bytes
>Desc: not available
>Url : https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/private/greenstone-users/attachments/20060714/51f3785d/attachment.jpe
>
>------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>greenstone-users mailing list
>greenstone-users@list.scms.waikato.ac.nz
>https://list.scms.waikato.ac.nz/mailman/listinfo/greenstone-users
>
>
>End of greenstone-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 7
>***********************************************