I am a graduate student from Southern Connecticut State University and
I am conducting a brief survey on the use of the Greenstone software.
I hope that the results will shed some light on the time commitment
and essential skills needed to implement a digital library using the
I respectfully ask you to consider the following questions and respond
as soon as possible and no later than March 15th. Any information you
provide will be kept in the strictest confidence. Your privacy will be
protected at all time.
Please email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply
hit the reply button.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Graduate Student at Southern Connecticut State University
Department of Information and Library Science
Phone: (203) 444 40 33
1. How long did it take to perform the initial set-up of the
2. How much time did you spend on customizing the software?
3. What is the name of your digital collection, and what was the size
of your initial collection?
4. On a scale of 1-10, what was the experience and knowledge you had
when starting the project?
(1= minimal prior knowledge, 10= extensive knowledge)
5. What is your professional background? Please list the years of work
experience and any degrees that you have.
6. Please name the key skills that you needed to perform the set up?
7. What are, in your opinion, the most important advantages when using
open-source software instead of proprietary software?
8. Why did you choose the Greenstone software?