Please try the latest version of Greenstone (version 2.52) to make sure we
haven't already fixed your problem -- we've made a lot of improvements and bug
fixes since version 2.41! If you have compile errors then we'd like to know
You can also send me personally a small set of documents that exhibits the
problem and I'll try it here.
Beatriz Salazar wrote:
> Hi, please help us:
> We have met the same problem that Jim Elmborg brought to this list on March
> 2004 about errors in rendering special characters. We have tried to apply
> the solutions given by John R. McPherson, but they didn□t work.
> Elmborg wrote:
> > Hello All,
> > After multiple builds, I'm still losing all the diacritics from non
> > names when building a library.
> > ... any character with a diacritical mark is removed from the library.
> > G□b□r becomes Gbr.
> It□s basically the same problem. We are using Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora core 1),
> Greenstone 2.41 and Perl 5.8.3 on Linux. Tried to install Greenstone 2.5,
> but had compiling problems.
> We are puzzled because there were not rendering problems until a few months
> ago, and we are working with the same version of Greenstone and the same
> collections. Only rebuilt collections are having problems. The only change
> we made was replacing Red Hat 9 by Apache/2.0.50 Fedora core 1 with Perl
> The xml files in the archives directory are the same that were rendered
> correctly before (we compared the xml files for the same items); but in the
> LDB file in the index/text directory, the collections that have this problem
> show accented characters.
> greenstone-devel mailing list