|Machining of Material/Metal - Course: Machining of Metal. Methodical Course-Guide for Instructors|
Trainees who have completed the course are supposed to have a good command of the techniques of making threaded joints. To achieve this, the following is required:
Objectives of training
- The trainees will have a ready knowledge of the purpose and the types of threaded joints and the stresses in these joints.
- The trainees will master the various techniques of making direct and indirect screwed joints for fastening purposes.
- The trainees are in a position to select those joints which serve an intended purpose.
- They can choose the right type of tools, auxiliaries and aids and use them properly, strictly keeping to all regulations on health and labour safety as well as fire protection.
To meet these requirements the instructor or teacher should emphasize the following points of content:
Content of training
- Purpose and types of bolts, screws, nuts, locking devices, washers and threaded joints
- Stresses in threaded joints
- Types of tools and their uses
- The technological steps of making direct and indirect bolted and screwed joints for fastening purposes
- Undoing threaded joints
- Safety regulations
- Preparing the component parts for assembly
- Assembling the component parts and inserting bolts, screws, nuts and locking devices
- Checking the component parts before and after assembly
- Undoing a threaded joint.