|Making Permanent Joints - Course: Basic Skills and Knowledge of Electrical Engineering. Methodical Guide for Instructors|
|2. Organizational Preparation|
Prior to the exercises the trainees must be instructed in brief on how to properly handle the working tools and prevent accidents.
It is recommended to prepare a book in evidence of the labour safety instructions given to note down in brief outlines all instructions given for preventing accidents and for handling the working tools properly. The trainees should then confirm by their signature that they have been instructed accordingly.
The instructions should include the following:
- Tools must be in proper condition.
- Cords and plugs of electric appliances must not be damaged.
- When leaving the room, electric appliances are to be switched off or disconnected from the power supply.
- Electric appliances must never be unattended.
- Electric soldering devices must be secured from falling down.
- Electric soldering devices are to be stored on non-inflammable supports.
- Damaged bits of soldering devices must be removed for repair.
- Tin baths should be centrally located in the room.
- Fluids must not be pured into tin baths because of the danger of explosion-like splashing of the fluid soldering tin and of the fluid.
- Soldering fluxes have caustic constituents and must not get into contact with skin. Fumes generated during soldering must not be breathed in directly.
- In case of comprehensive soldering work, fume extraction is to be provided or sufficient fresh air to be supplied.
- Inflammable fluids and gases are to be stored in prescribed containers.
- Inflammable fluids are to be stored at the place of work in small quantities only.
- Blowtorches are to be filled and put into operation outdoors.
- Blowtorches must cool down before filling.
- Adaptors of tools must not be changed unless the tools are out of operation.
- When working with rotating tools, closely fitting clothes are to be worn.
- Don't grip into pressing or notching adaptors when making the joints.
- Tools and materials are to be deposited clearly and neatly arranged.
Other labour safety instructions can be given for special local conditions.