|Bending - Course: Technique of Working Sheet Metals, Pipes and Sections. Methodical Guide for Instructors|
After having terminated their training, the trainees shall be able to surely master the most common techniques of bending procedures. For that purpose, the following aims have to be achieved:
- The trainees will have profound knowledge of kinds and fields of application of the working means to be used for bending.
- They will master the different techniques to be used for bending sheet metals, pipes and sections with various tools, appliances and machines.
- They will be enabled to select the appropriate working means according to the kind of material, material thickness and shape of bending.
- The trainees will be capable of adequately employing the tools, appliances and machines while adhering to the health, labour safety and fire protection regulations.
- The will know how to assess the quality of their work themselves.
To reach the objectives so demanded, the following subject matters have to be imparted by the instructor
· Purpose of bending
· Kinds and fields of application of tools, appliances and machines
· Phenomena occurring in the material
· Fundamentals of calculation
· Bending techniques
- Hints on labour safety
· Folding, aiming over, flanging, seaming, crimping, rounding of, and rolling of sheet metals
· Rounding of sections and pipes
· Rolling of sections