|Operations on Smooth Miller and Thicknessing Miller - Course: Mechanical Woodworking Techniques. Methodical Guide for Instructors|
After having finished their training based on this lesson, the trainees shall have achieved the following aims:
- They know the construction and the function of the smooth miller and the thicknessing miller.
- They are able to mill broad and narrow faces plane, angular and to thickness.
- They can control by themselves the quality of the milled surfaces.
- They know that correct milling of the broad and narrow faces is decisive for the further treatment of the workpieces.
- They know the danger of accident and the use of protection devices and auxiliaries for the prevention of accidents.
In order to achieve the above aims, the following contents must be taught.
- Purpose of milling
- Construction and function of the smooth miller and the thicknessing miller
- Operating sequence of milling.