|Straightening - Course: Technique of Working Sheet Metals, Pipes and Sections. Methodical Guide for Instructors|
After having completed their vocational training, the trainees shall master the most commonly used techniques of straightening. For this purpose, the following has to be achieved:
- The trainees have thorough knowledge of the kinds and fields of application of the working means for straightening.
- They master the different techniques that can be used for the straightening of materials in cold and hot condition.
- They are able to decide for the- appropriate technique according to the kind of deformation.
- The trainees are able to choose tools, devices and auxiliary equipment according to the respective purpose and to use them skilfully and observing the regulations on health and labour safety as well as fire protection.
- They are able to assess the quality of their work themselves.
In order to achieve these aims, the instructor has to impart the following contents:
- Purpose of straightening
- Kinds and fields of application of tools, devices and auxiliary equipment
- Processes in the material
- Techniques of straightening
- Hints on health and labour safety
- Straightening of bendings and bucklings
- Straightening of distortions
- Straightening of dents and corrugations in metal sheets
- Straightening of cold and heated materials