| Biology demonstration manual |
Class: 6Ã¨me, 5Ã¨me.
Lesson: La notion de chaÃ®ne alimentaire
Rationale: A game to show how changes affect all the links in a food chain.
10-12 pieces of string (1m)
signs with names of animals and plants
1. Select a student and tape a sign to his shirt, for example, "herbe".
2. Ask the students who eats "herbe". "antilope"
3. Select another student to be the "antilope".
4. The "herbe" and the "antilope" each hold on the end of the same piece of string.
5. Continue making the food chain as long and as complex as desired.
6. Next explain the rules of the game. Each animal/plant in the food chain must hold on to the string very tightly thus no breaking of the food chain. If one link in the chain falls, all the other connected links are also pulled down.
7. Now propose situations such as what if there aren't any antilopes. The "antilope" falls down and pulls down the other links in the chain.
Source: Fun with nature.