| Food Composition Data: A User's Perspective (1987) |
|Consideration of food composition variability: What is the variance of the estimate of one-day intakes? Implications for setting priorities|
1. G. H. Beaton, "Nutritional Assessment of Observed Dietary Intake: An Interpretation of Recent Requirement Reports," in H. H. Draper, ea., Recent Advances in Nutrition Research (in press).
2. G. H. Beaton et al., "Sources of Variance in 24-hour Dietary Recall Data: Implications for Nutrition Study Design and Interpretation," A.J.C.N., 32:2546 2559 (1979).
3. G. H. Beaton et al., "Sources of Variance in 24-hour Dietary Recall Data: implications for Nutrition Study Design and Interpretation. Carbohydrate Sources, Vitamins and Minerals," A.1.C.N., 37: 986995 (1983).
4. D. R. Jacobs, Jr., J. T. Anderson, and H. Blackburn, "Diet and Serum Cholesterol. Do Zero Correlations Negate the Relationship?" Am. J. Epidemiol., 110: 77-87 (1979).
5. K. Liu, J. Stamler, A. Dyer, J. McKeever, and P. McKeever, "Statistical Methods to Assess and Minimize the Role of Intra-individual Variability in Obscuring Relationships between Dietary Lipids and Serum Cholesterol,"l. Chronic Dis., 1: 399 418 (1978).
6. National Academy of Sciences, National Research Council, Subcommittee on Criteria for Dietary Evaluation, Nutrition Adequacy: Assessment Using Four Consumption Surveys (National Academy Press, Washington, D.C., 1985).
7. G. W. Snedecor and W. G. Cochrane, Statistical Methods, 7th ed. (lowa State University Press, Ames, lowa, 1980).
8. R. A. Stallones, "Comments on the Assessment of Nutritional Status in Epidemiologic Studies and Surveys of Populations," A.J. C. N., 35: 1290- 1291 (1979).
9. US Department of Agriculture, "Composition of Foods: Raw, Processed, Prepared," Agriculture Handbook No. 8 (Science and Education Administration, USDA, Washington, D.C., 1976-). This reference is intended to cover a series of reports that is not yet complete.
10. WHO, Energy and Protein Requirements, report of a Joint FAD/WHO/ UNU Expert Consultation, WHO Technical Report Series, no. 724 (WHO, Geneva, 1985).