| Food Composition Data: A User's Perspective (1987) |
|Report and recommendations of the conference|
1. R. Bressani, "The Data Required for a Food Data System," Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 69-76 (1983).
2. A. Bruce and L. Bergstrom, "User Requirements for Data Bases and Applications in Nutrition Research," Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 24-29 (1983).
3. J. Exler, Iron Content of Food, Home Economics Research Report, no. 45 (USDA, Human Nutrition Information Service, Washington, D.C., 1982).
4. FAO, Food Composition Tables, Updated Annotated Bibliography (FAO, Nutrition Policy and Programmes Service, Food Policy and Nutrition Division, Rome, 1975).
5. D. M. Hildebrandt, Computer Programs and Databases in the Field of Nutrition. A Partial List, 4th ed. (University of Washington, Academic Computing Center, Seattle, Wash., 1985).
6. L. W. Hoover, ea., Nutrient Data Bank Directory, 4th ea., Ninth Annual National Nutrient Data Bank Conference, Amherst, Mass. ,18 20 June 1984 (Curators of University of Missouri, 1984, with supplement, 1985).
7. L. W. Hoover and B. P. Perloff, Model for Review of Nutrient Database System Capabilities (University of Missouri-Columbia Printing Services, Columbia, Mo., 1984).
8. International Network of Food Data Systems, International Directory of Food Composition Tables, 1st ed. (MIT, Cambridge, Mass., 1986).
9. W. M. Rand and V. R. Young, "Report of a Planning Conference concerning an International Network of Food Data Systems (INFOODS)," A.J.C.N., 39: 144-151 (1984).
10. D. A. T. Southgate, "Availability of and Needs for Reliable Analytical Methods for the Assay of Foods, "Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 30 39 (1983).
11. D. A. T. Southgate, Guidelines for the Preparation of National Tables of Food Composition (Karger, Basel, 1974).
12. K. K. Stewart, "The State of Food Composition Data: An Overview with Some Suggestions," Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 54-68 (1983).
13. J. E. Vanderveen and J. A. T. Pennington, "Use of Food Composition Data by Governments," Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 40-45 (1983).
14. C. T. Windham, R. G. Hansen, and B. W. Wyse, "Uses of Nutrient Data Bases for Identifying Nutritional Relationships to Public Health and Nutrition Education in the United States," Food and Nutrition Bulletin, 5(2): 46-53 (1983).