| Tools for teaching - A visual aids workshop, and instruction manual for health educators |
|Session 9. Project #4: Production & printing 9.0|
1) Puppet show presentations are appropriate only for small children.
2) A flip chart would be a good way to present alternative methods of water purification.
3) Appropriate treatment of diseases and injuries is more important to primary health care than a comprehensive health education program.
4) Sequence posters can be used to describe events occuring in a specific order.
5) Health education is a serious business. We should not trivialize our message with humor.
6) Methods of toilet construction can best be taught by using comparative posters.
7) A learning game is one way to stimulate maximum audience participation.
8) Visual aids can be constructed from low-cost, locally available materials.
9) Health educators should deliver their message in an authoritative manner so that people will do as they are told.
10) Comic books can be produced inexpensively with a mimeograph machine.
11) Taking an active part in one's own learning activities stimulates self-reliance in other areas of one's life as well.
12) A health educator should help people explore alternatives, make choices, and accept responsibility for their decisions.
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.
13) Define "visual educational aid".
14) What are the design requirements of an effective visual aid?
15) List the twelve steps in the design process.
16) Describe how to pretest a visual aid with a sample audience.
FILL IN THE BLANK SPACES IN EACH STATEMENT BY SELECTING A WORD FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST. NO WORD MAY BE USED MORE THAN ONCE. THERE ARE MORE WORDS THAN SPACES.
17) A good way to generate alternative solutions to a problem is by_________.
18) We learn the most by_________.
19) A truly effective visual aid and presentation strategy can be developed only by frequent_________.
20) A display poster should be_________, _________ and_________.
21) A good visual aid is_________ for the situation and the target audience.
22) Every health education message should be_________, _________ and_________.
23) Visual aids should be_________ to the customs and traditions of the target audience.
24) The most effective educational strategies attempt to_________maximum audience participation.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SIGN THIS EXAMINATION.
PLEASE BRING IT WITH YOU- TO SESSION 10.