| Handbook for building homes of earth |
Many good books are available that cover special subjects on earth houses in greater detail than can be done in this short manual. The ones listed below are some of the best ones available.
1. ASTM Standards 1958, Part IV. American Society for Testing Materials, 1916 Race St., Philadelphia 3, Pennsylvania.
2. Burkhart, Edsel J. Investigation of Soils and Building Techniques for Rammed Earth Construction, A. & M. College of Texas, Texas Engineering Experiment Station Research Report No. G. College Station, Texas, May, 1949. (Out of print.)
3. Cytryn, S. Soil Construction, State of Israel, Ministry of Labor, Housing Division, The Weizmann Science Press of Israel, Jerusalem, 1957.
4. Earth for Homes. Ideas and Methods Exchange No. 22, Housing and Home Finance Agency, Washington 25, D. C., March, 1955.
5. Fitzmaurice, Robert. Manual on Stabilized Soil Construction for Housing. Technical Assistance Program, United Nations, Sales No. 58.II.H.4, New York, 1958.
6. Harrington, E. L. Adobe as a Construction Material in Texas, A. 8: M. College of Texas, Texas Engineering Experiment Station Bulletin No. 90, College Station, Texas, 1945. (Out of print.)
7. Housing and Town and Country Planning. United Nations Bulletin No. 4, Sales No. 1950.IV.6, New York, October, 1950.
8. Long, J. D. Adobe Construction, University of California, Agricultural Experiment Station Bulletin No. 472, Davis, California, revised November, 194:6.
9. Low Cost Houses. Building Research Unit Bulletin No. 1, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Roorkee, U. P., India, September, 1949.
10. Methods of Tests for Soil Classification and Compaction. British Standards Institute, British Standard 1377, British Standards House, 2 Park Street, London, W.!, 1948.
11. Middleton, G. F. Earth Wall Construction, Commonwealth Experiment Building Station Bulletin No. 5, Sidney, Australia, 1952.
12. Webb, T. L., Cilliers, T. F., and Stutterheim, N. The Properties of Compacted Soil and Soil Cement Mixtures for Use in Building, National Building Research Institute, Union of South Africa, Pretoria, Series DR2, March, 1950.
13. Wolfskill, L. A., Dunlap, W. A., and Gallaway, B. M. "Earth Home Construction, a Field and Library Compilation with an Annotated Bibliography," Texas Transportation Institute, College Station, Texas, Bulletin No. !8, March, 1962.